Q: Aren’t there hospice beds at Cowichan Hospice at 3122 Gibbins Road?
Q: What services does Cowichan Hospice currently offer?
A: Cowichan Hospice offers:
- Counselling and skilled volunteer support for people living with life-threatening illness and for their family members
- Support groups and individual support for people grieving the death of a loved one
- Wellness Care: Therapeutic Touch, Reiki and other relaxing treatments in clinic and private settings for people who are ill, who are caregiving or who are grieving a death
- Advance Care Planning Education: to facilitate conversations about health care wishes when one cannot make decisions for oneself. Education and resources about appointment of decision-makers, advance directives and planning for incapacity.
- Care kits for children experiencing a serious illness or a death in the family
- Library and resources on caregiving, grief, and palliative journey, including books for children
- A support team at Cowichan District Hospital
- Cowichan Hospice also hosts the Integrated Palliative Pain and Symptom Management Clinic
No referral is necessary for free and confidential Cowichan Hospice services, available by appointment:
250-701-4242 or at ,
Cowichan Hospice office, 3122 Gibbins Road, Duncan.
Every week we will be posting a new Q&A regarding the Cowichan Hospice House and we want to hear from you! Please submit your questions to We will do our best to answer all questions and engage in dialogue about this very important project. Like us on Facebook for more updates.