Q: Aren’t there hospice beds at Cowichan Hospice at 3122 Gibbins Road?
Q: What services does Cowichan Hospice currently offer?
A: Cowichan Hospice offers:
- Counselling and skilled volunteer support for people living with life-threatening illness and for their family members
- Support groups and individual support for people grieving the death of a loved one
- Wellness Care: Therapeutic Touch, Reiki and other relaxing treatments in clinic and private settings for people who are ill, who are caregiving or who are grieving a death
- Advance Care Planning Education: to facilitate conversations about health care wishes when one cannot make decisions for oneself. Education and resources about appointment of decision-makers, advance directives and planning for incapacity.
- Care kits for children experiencing a serious illness or a death in the family
- Library and resources on caregiving, grief, and palliative journey, including books for children
- A support team at Cowichan District Hospital
- Cowichan Hospice also hosts the Integrated Palliative Pain and Symptom Management Clinic
No referral is necessary for free and confidential Cowichan Hospice services, available by appointment:
Cowichan Hospice office, 3122 Gibbins Road, Duncan.
Every week we will be posting a new Q&A regarding the Cowichan Hospice House and we want to hear from you! Please submit your questions to . We will do our best to answer all questions and engage in dialogue about this very important project. Like us on Facebook for more updates.